Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Off to Bali & Amsterdam
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 23:01:10 +0100

Leon,

Amsterdam has a really good Leica Shop, Foto Nivo-Schweitzer, Haarlemmerdijk
114, tel. 020 623-3159, e-mail: Pieter_Krigee@compuserve.com. Photo
opportunities: just wander around the old city, it is quite compact and pretty
much everything is within walking distance, although the weather will likely
be bad in January-February (cold but not freezing, windy and rainy). I love
just walking around the streets of Amsterdam and looking at and photographing
details of buildings, the canals, and the people. Amsterdam is not a city of
grand monuments; rather it is a place where you make little discoveries on
every street. Safety should not be an issue, but as in every other big city
you have the usual assortment of bums, beggars and thieves, so you must use
some common sense. But serious crime is much rarer than in any American city.

Nathan

LP6@aol.com wrote:

> My wife and I are departing for Bali, Indonesia later this month for five
> weeks, and would like to draw on the "collective experience and wisdom" of
> Luggers in this regard:
>
> Photo shop recommendations?  Photo opportunities?  Leica safety?
>
> On return we visit Amsterdam for a week:  ditto?
>
> Leon
> LP6@aoi.com

- --
Nathan Wajsman