Subject: Re: [Leica] Quiet Screaming
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 00:30:03 -0800

At 02:59 PM 11/25/1999 +0000, Donal Philby wrote:
>A thetorical figure by which contradictory or incongruous terms are
>conjoined so as to give point to the statement or expression; an
>expression, in its superficial or literal meaning self-contradictory or
>absurd, but involving a point.

Donal!

Where the heck have you been? Francesco and I (and his wife and family)
have stuffed ourselves with turkey, and just an hour ago we were commenting
on how we were wondering where you have been! Whatzzup?

Now to the point, I fail to see how candid portrait fails this test. Candid
and portrait are opposites in my book, contradictory and absurd as a
combination. Like jumbo shrimp, military intelligence, and more erudite
combinations if it weren't so late that I can't think of them.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Those who judge others will burn in Hell!