Subject: Re: [Leica] Every Man A King!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 23:34:02 -0500

At 04:54 PM 11/21/1999 -0800, Eric Welch wrote:
>I got it from Leica's literature. They hemmed and hawed about it when they
>were deciding to put it into production. They had an excess of personnel
>which pushed them over the edge to decide to make it.

Interesting, as Barnack states that Ernst Leitz showed great courage in
determining to make the Leica in light of the poor labor situation at
Wetzlar -- microscope orders were backed up something like 18 months as a
result of the lack of skilled workers.

In any event, deciding to add a product line because there are workers
available to make the item is a far cry from making something "to provide
jobs for workers".

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!