Subject: [Leica] Meter
From: "Eno" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 00:41:22 -0500

SNIP

The lights in the M6 finder don't bother me at all. I set an exposure
which makes the meter happy, and if it's close to my guesstimate of
what's correct for that particular scene, I go with it. If not, I adjust it
up or down. In any case, I use the M6 meter much as I would a
handheld. Once I take a reading, I forget about the meter. The lights
in the finder can do whatever they want.

SNIP
 I hate meters.  Yes, I respect them and those who use them.  The meter on
the M6 doesn't do much, just says 'yes' or 'no' - an estimate.  I even the
leds out and shoot.  I upgrade to waving the M6 around all over in a
fraction/sec, then I average it out and think and shoot.  But I don't think.
I only shoot 100sp slides so I'm even better at tossing them in the can.
Eno