Subject: Re: [Leica] Paeon to the ASPH
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:10:28 -0700

Mike-

Right on, and in just about all respects. The type 2 ASPH
does have sub-perfect bokeh at middle apertures as I mentioned
before, but it is - as you said - pretty wonderful wide open.
And at the middle apertures the bokeh is only problematic
in particular situations. So I shoot it wide open more and
more, and when I need it at middle apertures I think about
what I am doing with it. Like any lens [excepting the 50
Summicron-M ;-) ] the ASPH has strengths & weaknesses that
must be learned and exploited.

- -Alexey