Subject: [Leica] what lens?
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 19:49:06 +0000

I had to get up before five o'clock this morning and we were on the road
before six. That's two hours before sunrise here in Normandy,  France. We
were going to the local annual horse market, about 1500 horses. We had to
go so early because some of the dealers prefer to do business in moonlight
rather than sunshine. It is full moon here now, but it was too cloudy to
see the moon. My wife is writing a story for Geo and we had Chris
Sattlberger from London in tow to take the pictures. He had a N.... over
each shoulder, a huge telephoto lens in one pocket and a large zoom in
another pocket. But he also had an M6 hanging round his neck so I asked him
what lens he had on it, it was really too dark to see. "Oh, it is one that
takes the kinda  pictures I like". He's a friendly guy,  does not wear a
watch, and he just did not know if it was a Summilux or a Summicron. I then
saw it was a Summicron but I did not find it opportune to ask him if it was
a seven or eight element version, or how many plastic parts were in his M6.
I guess that was an experience that would have ruined the day for quite a
few of you   :-)

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58