Subject: Re: [Leica] My M is drinking batterys
From: "R. Saylor" <rlsaylor@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:56:39 -0400

Jerald Rosenfeld wrote:

> Thanks the answers NO. I just turned the shutter speed to OFF. How dumb
> can I be?????????
>
> JErry
>
> "R. Saylor" wrote:
> >
> > Are you turning the shutter speed dial to the OFF position to prevent
> > inadvertent activation of the meter?

Not dumb. What's dumb is a hair-trigger activation of the meter by
the shutter button. These electronic gizmos. Sheesh! My classic M6
is worse, I have to set the shutter to B. Bring back the M4! A
separate light meter is not that much trouble, and incident readings
are often easier to use than the M6's big spot.

Richard S.