Subject: [Leica] small parts query
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 19:14:25 -0400

I made a set of the appropriate ring wrenches the other day and removed the
various "rings" from the top plate of my bargain-basement M3.  A previous
owner/repairman used improper tools and each of these is mildly
scarred/nicked.  I can polish these out and probably have them rechromed
locally, but I wonder.  Is there a source for such parts?  Will Leica
supply them.  Does anyone have a clue as to where I might start.  I don't
mind the polishing/rechrome route, but if there's an easier way . . .

As ever, thanks in advance.

Chandos

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown