Subject: Re: [Leica] safelight windows
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:00:09 -0700

Ernest Nitka wrote:

> Mark - Having just done my darkroom that is what I did for a safelight - i
> purchased the flourescent tube with the insert from CPM ( Delta) out of
> Dallas, TX.  I was skeptical at first but find that it really illuminates
> things well without obvious fogging.  While i am a rank amateur I find that
> I can only do about 3-4 hours in the darkroom.  I also find that if I
> confine myself to 5 or 6 contact sheets and then maybe working on doing a
> decent job of maybe making 5x7's of 10 frames that that is it for a session.
> The more I try to do the quality goes down.  I suspect that this is true of
> amateurs and pros alike.
>
> Ernie

I just tried to do 3 hours but it took me 6. I used to mix up chemicals to make
some prints after dinner and then I would hear birdies tweeting and it would be
5 AM! This week I got a huge clock in my darkroom so it will be less timeless.
I'm going to check out delta as you say as a source for florescent safelight
sleeves as these other guys are not getting back to me. It's good you on not
trying to do to much as it turns to shlock when you spread yourself too thin.
Mark Rabiner