Subject: [Leica] My R3 MOT's gone berserk!
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:36:23 +0100

Hi LUGnuts. Is this a Leica first?

My R3 MOT with winder and grip has just wound through an entire film all by
itself.

The winder only stops when:

1) The camera is switched off.

2) The wind-on lever is standing proud of the body.

3) The counter reaches 36 exposures.

It isn't the grip. I demounted that, and the same thing happens.

I have tried taking the winder off and putting it back on again a couple of
times. It carries on winding the moment the camera's switched on.

The electrical contacts look clean, and the camera is performing perfectly
without the winder.

The winder likewise seems to operate OK off the camera when you press the
continuous wind button on the front. And it doesn't run on when the button
is released.

Which would seem to indicate a problem (short circuit?) somewhere in the
camera.

Anyone else had this happen with an R winder? All possible solutions
gratefully received.

BTW, never had this problem with either of my N***** motor drives..........

TIA

Slan