Subject: Re: [Leica] Was Leica/Linhof
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:48:01 -0700

>Jim Brick wrote:
>>
>SNIP
>
>> Jillian's R7 photographs with the 21/4 SA were outstanding. She was using
>> E100 VS. Like the SA 28PC, the SA 21 is wunderbar.
>>
>> Jim
>
>Jim,
>
>What are your thoughts on the new E100VS? I've been reading reviews and
>have been a big fan of E100S and E100SW. From what I've read it looks
>like it has wonderful "pop" as well as much more open shadows and
>inherently greater lattitude. And it looks neutral in the shadows as
>well. TIA.
>

>--
>Carl Socolow
>
>http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/

I'll let Jim give his own thoughts ;-), but I find 100VS all that Velvia
tries to be. Extra pop without the harshness due to steep toe, and much
cleaner whites. Works very well with 100S and SW. Use 100S or SW for people
and 100VS for scenery as one combination, or 100S for the wideangle stuff
and 100VS for telephoto (to balance out the contrast) as another, and you
have a great combo. Velvia doesn't work that well with other films; not
even Fuji's.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com