Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 film loading
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 22:54:49 +1000

Well, this is now the second time since I am with the LUG, that the subject of

I cannot imagine owners of other brands of camera having as many discussions,
hints and
experiences  exchanged as with the owners of a $2000 plus camera.

Some of the same people who previously, when asked , what sort of improvements
they would like to the M6 sad: "I doon know , maybe nothing , aah well, ahh,
its ahh perfect".

So much for being perfect,  if one , it seems has to have some sort of a degree,
just to load some film in to a camera.

Any Leica  range finder camera always had  and still has  by far the worst and
most idiotic type of film loading system devised by man. It is only topped in
stupidity by having to use the shutter speed dial to switch off the light meter.
Nothing can top this.

Maybe in a model 7, we have a normal standard back loading system and some
little separate switch, to switch  the meter off.

Horst Schmidt