Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V9 #79
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:01:26 -0600

After 12 years with my M6, I still sometimes get a film that doesn't "take".

1. I always try to make sure  the leader goes right through the 3 pronged
thingy.

2. I always visually check the rewind knob is going round as I wind on to
frame 1

3. If you have time, "crimp" the film leader with a couple of small, light
folds - helps it grip easier:

                         /\
                             \    /
                               \ /

Kind of like that - view from above film edge - you can sort of let the
folds fall around a couple of the three prongs - try it an it will probably
make more sense.

Tim A