Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Viewfinder
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 09:04:44 +0100

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> I use a 35 on an M4 and I'm very happy with
> it. I think the frame lines are as accurate as they can be, given that
> their coverage doesn't change as you focus closer.

> I believe that the
> frame lines are accurate at close focus, and the framing gets
> progressively "looser" as focus approaches infinity - but by how much,
> I can't say.

Paul,
The first statement you make is not correct, the framelines move (as all
framelines do) and therefore change the 'coverage' when the lens is
focused.
Check again, watching the outside edges of the viewfinder itself and
you'll
see the framelines move down and towards the right as you focus closer.
I believe your second statement is 'spot on' though. The framing is 98%
(read
it in a magazine once!) accurate at 1m and then you get more on the
frame as
you focus towards infinity.
This magazine regarded the Nikon F2 and Leica-M cameras the most
accurate
framing cameras available at that time though why the Leicaflex wasn't
in
their company I'm unsure.

Jem