Subject: Re: [Leica] Which choice of Leica Pradovit projectors?
From: john@fine-art-photo.demon.co.uk (John Pattison)
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 16:12:59 +0000

Pascal wrote:

>I have narrowed the choices down to either the Pradovit 600 IR or the
>Pradovit 2002 projectors. Choice between them is difficult.

The P2002 is being discontinued, so get a bargain while you can (half price!)

>Second issue is the lens. I am now using a Colorplan 90/2.5 CF (curved
>field).

This lens was designed for the old Kodak card mounts which had less
strucural support for the transparency.
The film "popped" so much in these that Leitz had to design a compromise
lens to deal with it, but it did depend on ambient temperature as to how
much the film would pop. This was due to moisture in the film, and was
worse with freshly developed film. Everyone wants to see them straight away
!

The new range of RT-s and RT-m projectors have a lens range called
"Colorplan-Pro", "Elmarit-Pro" etc. and there is no 90 f2.5 CF.

So get the P2002 with Super-Colorplan-Pro , the saving on the projector
price will easily cover the extra for the lens over the standard
Colorplan-Pro.

John.