Subject: [Leica] 2.5/5cm Hektor
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 08:45:17 -0400

At 09:08 PM 5/26/99 +1000, Horst Schmidt queried:

>1. Has anybody on the LUG ever used a 50mm Hector lens. I personally know no
>anyone who used it. But according to the reports I read, it was not one of
>Leitzes master pieces.If some of you used this lens, please let me know
what you
>think about it..

I owned one about five or six years back when I bought a Leica kit from the
estate of a retired Indian Army officer.  Truly, a mediocre lens by today's
standards, but, then, for the early 1930's, it was a fine performer.  It
was effectively killed by the Zeiss 2/5cm Sonnar, the advent of which
forced Leitz to develop the 2/5cm Summar.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!