Subject: [Leica] Re: Electronic Flash Sync w/ IIIf
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:01:36 +-200

Ernie,

I had the same problem with my BD, the synchronisaton was only slightly off.
You can easily check the synchronisation without test equipment using only
the slowness of your eye:
Dismount the lens and baseplate. Put a piece of white paper between shutter
and pressure plate, where the film normally is. Point the flash to the inside of
the camera, and fire in a room with low light, while looking at the shutter.
Your eye will kind of "freeze" the white rectangle that is visible at the time
the flash is fired. Adjust sync so that you see the whole frame.

Regards,

Gerd