Subject: Re: [Leica] MD-12
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:21:40 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

I find it amusing that the photographic community insists on
referring to the FM, FM2, etc. as "professional" equipment...

The Nikkormat, which was ten times stronger than the FM, etc,
never got the "professional" moniker!! (even tho pros and repair
people considered it second only to the F series in SLR strength)

You Leica types will understand, even the "feel" of the FM-2etc
didn't inspire confidence....Nikon announced the FM as a nikkormat
replacement during the production of the F2....only after the
demise of the F2 was it billed as a "pro mechanical body" --
which it CLEARLY wasn't/isn't......

Please, don't tell me how long your FM2 has lasted/how many thousands
of rolls/how many fires it has survived.....remember, we're comparing
to Leica Ms and (real) Nikons.........there IS no comparison......

Walt