Subject: Re: [Leica] aluminium pods and cold hands (was:Leica lenses & Group Professionals Responsibility?)
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:14:37 -0600

Alan,

Lucky for me I have always lived and worked in the Sunny South.  In
Tennessee we get only a few really cold days a year....and when I was in
Atlanta it was even better.  In the 4 years or so I lived in Atlanta I wore
my heavy coat only one time.

Probably why I have never adapter to wearing gloves..just not enough
practice thank goodness.....I HATE THE COLD!!!

>Harrison,
>I've had trouble on the coldest days this winter just handling my Gitzo
>tripod (would have been the same with a regular monopod). The hands
>would almost stick to it. Just wondered if you have ever tried carbon
>fibre based hardware and if that made a real difference in freezing
>weather ?
>
>Alan

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto