Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica filters
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:20:20 -0700

debugger wrote:

> Are Leica brand filters multicoated?

Dear anonymous debugger:
You are apparently in the mood to get us talking about filters, good
luck. I'm not old to the group but that topic especially the dreaded UV
discussions were talked to death a few weeks back. There might even me a
thing about avoiding it in the read me, FAQ or whatever they call it for
the group.
I would be amazed if they were not multicoated I'm assuming somewhat
new. Another thought is B&W has a secret multicoated option that you can
request and wait from them to make you in Germany. That is Schott glass,
worthy of putting in front of Leitz glass IMO. Heliopan makes filters
for contax and has some interesting options worthy, IMO of Leitz glass.
B&W might make filters for Leica, someone might straighten me out on that.
Mark Rabiner