Subject: Re: [Leica] LeicaBooze
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 21:21:05 -0800

Dan wrote:

>Well, after I decided not to spring for a nice ( but overpriced ) M6 with 50
>Summilux, I thought I'd assuage my sorrow with a bottle of McCallan 12.
>This of course raised eyebrows when the Queen Bee got home! I was so glad
>that CBS news stated tonight that a 'wee dram' taken daily will cut my risk
>of stroke. I said,
>"See? I won't be getting apoplexy from looking at Leica prices."
> Rosey calmed down when I assured her that the McCallan was for medicinal
>purposes only! :)  I still got a hard stare>>>>>>>

Dan,

On a similar note:

My wife, better known as "she who must be obeyed" or the "Controller!" :)
depending on which action is about to be taken.  As in advice,  "No you
can't have another one!" :)  Meaning I can't buy another M6! :) Or, "put
down that bottle." Meaning I can't have another Scotch!:)

We were having a very nice red wine with dinner one evening and I thought
I'd have a second glass, when the controller interjected with one of her
usuals in the negative.

I don't pay too much attention to TV, but it so happened earlier in the day
I was on a channel surf when I heard the word ___wine!___  I of course
immediately stopped surfing,  particularly when the following,  "It was
good for men...two glasses a day to avoid heart attacks and lower the
cholestoral!" :) All right a big high 5!  got it made! :)

So as herself was decreeing I shouldn't have my. "second allowable glass a
day as per medical instructions on the tele, I figured this was a good time
to enlighten the good Controller!:)   So I said, "By the way dear, I saw a
very enlightening program, I beleive on the medical channel, about men and
wine and  they  "should drink two glass of wine a day and women one. So I
thought I'd just give the medical opinion a test!" :).

She being a nurse responded, "No it was the cartoon channel and no you
still can't have another glass!" :)   End of wine and conversation.
Controllers are sometimes like that after 49 and one half years of
marriage! :)

At least all you got was a "hard stare!" :)
ted

>Mark- your fondness for Jim Beam reminded me of what my mother ( a
>tee-totaler of great voice!) said one time when I asked where my Dad was-
>she said he was over in my grandfather's shop, and that they were having
>communion with the congregation- Ezra Brooks, Jim Beam and Jack Daniels!
>Enjoy!
>
>Dan
>dwpost@msn.com

Ted Grant