Subject: Re: [Leica] Chemicals
From: "Glen M. Robinson" <gmrobinson@imation.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:36:54 -0600

Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> on 12/22/98 04:00:55 PM

Please respond to leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

To:   leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
cc:    (bcc: Glen M. Robinson/DSP/Imation)
Subject:  [Leica] Chemicals

 I have tried to find something to seal the partially used
concentrate bottles without success so far.  Do you have any suggestions?

For many years I have sprayed the contents from Dust-Off or other such
products into bottles of film and paper developer each time that they are
opened.  This material is a chemically inert fluorocarbon and it displaces
most of the oxygen from the bottle thus retarding oxidation of the
developer.  The other common darkroom chemicals, such as fixer, do not need
oxidation protection.

Glen Robinson