Subject: Re: [Leica] Luggers are dangerous
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:07:18 EST

Nathan:

You do have a dilemna.  I don't know if I could make a good decision either.
My initial thought when I first started considering the Noctilux was I would
need another 50mm for non-lowlight photography.  I thought that the Noctilux
would not be as sharp and I do believe that this is somewhat correct.
However, there is not as much difference as I thought there would be.  The
Noctilux will do everything that the Summilux or the Summicron will do.  In my
opinion the perfect mate to the Noctilux is the 75/ 1.4  which I do not own,
yet!   Please let me know your opinions of the Noctilux after you shoot with
it.

Thanks,
Bob

<< Bob,

 I tried a Noctilux in Lucien's office once, and last week at a dealer in
Brussels.
 The slides convinced me that this is a lens for me.

 I am struggling a bit right now with the decision as to whether to keep my
other
 50mm lens, the 1.4 Summilux. I do find the 50mm focal length useful, and I
 originally bought the Summilux as a compromise between the optical quality of
the
 Summicron and the speed of the Noctilux. Now that I have the real thing, I am
not
 sure it makes sense to keep two 50mm lenses. I guess I will have to shoot a
bit
 with the Noctilux at more normal apertures and see how I like the results.

 Nathan >>