Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens cleaning
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:15:38 -0800

Tom Shea wrote:
>This simply shows that there are different attitudes regarding the care of
>equipment.  I am at the opposite end and take great caution and care to
>protect my equipment. >>>>>>>>

Tom old buddy, I wont take that comment to mean that I and others do not
take care of our equipment.

Particularly to someone who has the same 3 M6 cameras since 1985 and they
still look pretty damn good for that age considering the locations and
conditions they have been "worked under!"

Just because we don't dickie around with twinkie clothes to keep them extra
clean and looking pretty, doesn't mean we don't take care of them. Hell I
make my living from them and I'd be pretty damn stupid not to look after
them under the circumstance!

I can just imagine last year what the thoughts were  when that old cow let
me have it all over the Noctilux and M6, not to mention me. :)

Hell I just did a quick wipe and got on with shooting and worried about
cleaning off all the "cow shit" later. Did it make any difference to the M6
and Noctilux?  Nope, only on really warm days! :)

ted