Subject: Re: [Leica] Warm Nikkors?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 20:40:08 -0500

John-
Would this assessment apply to the LTM Nikkor 50/1,4? I am running the first roll through having just gotten one because it was such a nice looking lens at an attractive price. Did the early SLR lenses draw a great deal from the screw mount Nikkors of earlier years?
I was wondering if they were based on the Zeiss Sonnar 50mm- The elements look very much like the Jupiter 3, but the finish is chrome or nickel and very much better- on a par with most Leitz lenses. I just hope the results justify all this "oohing and aahing"
Thanks,
Dan
dwpost@msn.com