Subject: Re: [Leica] IMAX team expedition of Everest...
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:47:53 -0800

Gerald Hsu wrote:

> I went to see the IMAX film "Everest" on the past weekend
> at the Tech museum of San Jose. I was basically blown away
> by the amount of efforts the entire IMAX 96 expedition team
> put in to shoot the first large format film on the summit of
> Mount Everest. Gerald Hsu

In an interview I heard, Bearshers said they had built a new camera to
be light enough to carry.  But the film spools and batteries were the
heaviest part of the gear.  A 3 minutes reel weighed 20 lbs. Something
like that.

I've always said I'm a professional photographer so will probably be
reincarnated as a pack animal.

donal
- --
Donal Philby