Subject: Re: [Leica] New or used M6?
From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 19:27:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Dan Post wrote:

> Tommy-
> Unless you JUST HAVE TO HAVE THE METERING...Look for a used M-3. I too would
> like to have an M-6, but I stumbled on an M-3 for about 20% the price of an
> M-6, and it needed a CLA and new winder ( Yea! Go Sherry!)- the total cost
> is going to be way less than an M-6, I can bolt all the Leica glass I can
> get onto it, and for the price, a hand held meter is no problem.
> It is the lens that really makes the photograph; spare no expense there! get
> the best you can afford and start having fun as quickly as possible!
> Dan
> dwpost@msn.com

I would not get the M3 unless you plan to use long lenses, its not very
good for the wides (don't forget you only have a 50,90,135 frameline) an
M2 or M4 would probably be better but then again a M4 in good condition is
probably about the saem price as a M6 in good condidtion.

- --
Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>