Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 08:45:08 EDT

Alan,

Please tell me how you can control and interpret depth of field with lenses
that no longer have depth of field scales, as most of the lenses coming out of
Japan no longer have.  Then there is the problem of the depth of field preview
lever.  Most cameras, except for the high end, eliminate this feature as well.
I guess you just rely on some pre-programmed mode such as portrait or
landscape.  This is unacceptable to people who take photography seriously.
The M camera will always have a following for these types of photographers.
We can only hope that this market segment remains big enough for Leica to
remain viable in the marketplace.

Now, everybody do their part and go out and buy some Leica equipment! :)

Bill Rosauer