Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures taken with SOOKY-M
From: "Eric Welch" <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 98 06:45:34 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility

>How will I determine the magnification of a 43mm lens?

Any opthimologist could do that.

>It is impossible to say that a 43mm lens gives 1x or .5x or 2x or
>any other number of magnification. Tell us how a scientist might
>determine what length lens corresponds to the human eye?

Now, why would that be? Every person in the world who has normal vision
sees things pretty much the same way in terms of magnification. One can
argue angels on the head of a pin all they want and think that's a
significant contribution to the dicussion of lenses vs. visual perception,
but at the end of the day it's pretty much meaningless.

=======
Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch