Subject: [Leica] Leica TO-R scope adapter
From: "Christoph Held" <Held@biologie.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:56:51 GMT+0100

Dear all,

some days ago I posted the following request to this list and got no
reply. Since it didn't turn up in my own mailbox something may have
gone wrong, so I post it again. If anybody has seen and perhaps
looked through the Leica adapter that converts long lenses to
fieldscopes I would be happy to get feedback. Thanks
Chris

Dear all,
being new to this list I apologize for raising a question about an
accessory from the R-system. I am a biologist and dedicated
birdwatcher and have been carrying a fieldscope along with long teles
for a long time. I came across the adapter mentioned in the subject
line which converts a telephoto lens into a spotting scope, basically.
There are some third party products, but they are of unacceptably bad
quality.

I am aware of the fact that there will be a trade-off of some kind
(smaller field of vision, I would presume), but does anybody have
first hand experience he/she would be willing to communicate? I would
appreciate any input.

Christoph Held
held@biologie.uni-bielefeld.de