Subject: RE: [Leica] tripod
From: Kim Sherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 16:46:52 -0600

Thanks to all on the list who've responded about the Leica tripod and =
protection for the M-bodies.  I think I'll get a piece of rubber inner =
tube or a rubber washer and give it a try.   Sounds like it will work =
great!=20

>>I cut a circle using a quarter on a piece of rubber inner tube.
Then I use a hole punch on it. I place this between camera
and tripod head. Voila. Ed<<

also:

>> Jeff Moore wrote:
H'mm.  I guess I've always figured that when you use cameras, eventually =
they > look as if you've used them.  Part of the rhythm of life, or =
something. Having spouted that, I should mention that when I got my M6 I =
decided to leave  that protective clear plastic strip on the bottom of =
the camera until it fell off, something I expected to happen in a matter =
of weeks.  It's been almost  ten years so far.<<

Jeff,

Agreed.  When you use the Leica, it looks that way.  I'm using mine and =
it's looking like it <G>, but there's something about knowing that my =
tripod, as is, is going to put some SERIOUS marks on the baseplate that =
I can't abide.  Oh, btw, the plastic strip is still on the bottom of my =
M-6 too.  :-)

Kim