Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #705
From: Chris Bitmead <ChrisB@ThePla.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 21:44:50 +1000

>I've been given the go-ahead by my wedded inexorable financial
>eminence (or "wife" for short!) that I can invest further in Leica
>equipment on the understanding that it is just that - an investment.
>I'd like to plump for an M6 with either a 35 Summicron or Summilux.
>What would be the best investment, ie what would retain its value or
>preferably appreciate in value?

You told her this and she actually bought it? I think I'll have to
start a FAQ - ten best ways to convince your better half that you need
to buy more photo equipment.

What will you do though if you come home one day and find your camera
gone and she tells you "oh year, Leica's were up 3 and 3/4 today so I
decided to do some profit taking. You know, buy low sell high and all
that". :-)