Subject: Re: SM-to-M Adaptors / Marc
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 18:44:10 -0400 (EDT)

<<
 There are minor variations in these rings over the years, including a run
 of 'serial numbered' ones which none of us can figure out.  Early ones are
 marked in cm, later ones in mm, as are the current ones produced by J Uhl
 in Germany.

 Marc - I think than Joel's rings sell for about $65 but I have never seen
one-
 and dom't know how good they are.  Have you seen or used one ?
 I do know that there was a lot of variance in the Japanese rings & some
 were adequate & others just didnt work & had a tendency to come off the
 lens and stick to the camera, which required the use of the "M" rear cap
 to remove.  Surprising how many people don't know the the pins on the"M"
 cap makes it a wrench for that purpose.