Subject: Re: Close-ups with Super Angulon
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:11:57 -0700

John Lowther wrote:

>Someone mentioned using his 21mm/3.4 Super Angulon for photographing
>the interior of architectural models.
>
>I have had fairly serious trouble with parallax using the 21mm viewfinder
>on close-ups: I get a lot more foreground than I expect from the viewfinder...
>especially on low angle shots...

'Twas I. It wasn't until most of my neural paths were frozen solid that I
picked up a 'real' SLR (sorry Marc, but in spite of many years of using
Visoflex's and even occasionally a PLOOT, it's not the same) so I learned
early on to deal with parallax and pointing a camera without looking
through the viewfinder.

The thing about shooting architectural models with a Leica and SA or
Hologon is that the lens axis is closer to ground level (looks a lot more
'real'), and using a Nikon F4 with 15/3.5 tends to produce results like
Godzilla on the 1:200 landscape. Small is good. BTW, modelscopes are, in
general, terrible due to their tiny optics. I've shot through 'scopes that
cost $30,000 and the results were still mud in comparison to SA or Hologon
pictures.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com