Subject: Re: Leica Projector
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 20:28:10 -0700

Thanks, Paul, for the careful description of the slide trays. My only
experience must have been with some really old version of the DIN tray on
the Zeiss projector. All of you straight tray fans may make a convert of me
yet!

I never saw the Leitz Automatic Continuous Projector Attachment, but it
sounds similar to the color film chains I used in early television days
when most commercial spots were done with color slides. The smallest VCR
camera weighed about 200 pounds and the Ampex two inch tape machines were
probably close to a ton; therefore no VCR "remotes". On the slide
projector, two drums held about 12 slides each. A slide pulse displayed the
one drum, while the next slide cycled forward on the opposite drum. At the
control board, you followed a written script, displaying slides as an audio
tape played over the air. I can still remember a time or two, looking up
from the script to see an upside-down slide displayed for the whole county
to see "live" on the air!

Gary Todoroff