Subject: Re: Leica Passport
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 19:00:36 -0700

>> The only thing that Passport doesn't cover is theft or fire.
>
>I suspect that the Passport fails to deal with quite a large number of
>accidents.

Leica Mini II's aren't covered by a Passport warranty at all. And I'm not
surprised that the cost of repairing the camera is more than the cost of
replacement. Try getting any point and shoot repaired and you'll have the
same experience. Repair can take twice as much time as assembly from the
original parts, so it should cost more.

I'm quite certain Leica honored the terms of the limited warranty that came
with the Mini II. And I've never heard anyone complain that they don't
honor their passport warranties. In fact I've only heard that they go to
extremes to do so.

- -Charlie