Subject: Re: film not dead in 20 years....
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Jun 97 13:18:57 EDT

Neil Frankish wrote:

<<My understanding is that it is very much like XP-2, except that it has a
background colour cast so that it can print on colour paper. Iv'e used XP-2 with
good results, although my lab changes paper for XP-2. I've enlarged XP-2 negs on
standard multigrade B&W paper, I don't know what you do with the Kodak
version.>>>>>

Hi Neil,

I've just returned from a shoot to a pleasant surprise.

My assistant had B&W 11X14 prints made at the colour lab where we have  our
colour printing done and this Kodak chromegenic film is quite interesting.

The negs where selected from frames exposed at 100, 400, and 800 with them all
looking like there isn't any grain! Very interesting and I'm anxious to see how
they look when when I print on Kodak Polymax paper.

If I can produce this non-grain look, then I might find myself shooting T400CN
on a regular basis rather than T-Max 400!  The proof will be in my own printing.

I understand the lab made the prints on regular colour paper and they are most
interesting with clean blacks and whites with excellent tone.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant