Subject: Re: Photography in the rain
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 15:57:03 -0800

DFeldman@aol.com wrote:

> We are anticipating great amounts of rain here in Sacramento, CA over the
> next few days. I am interested in going out and taking some pictures, but I
> am not sure how to "waterproof" my M6. Any suggestions?
>
> TIA,
>
> David Feldman
> dfeldman@aol.com

Wear a soft broad brimmed hat like a Tilley. The soft brim also lets you
easily shoot verticals, somoething a baseball hat won't do. And keep
camera under your coat until you need it.  And bring lens tissue.

BTW, I first bought a Tilley hat for shooting powerboats.  It keeps the
sun off, brim bends for verticals and will stay on at 40 miles per hour
when I'm on upper camera boat platform.  I'd rather leave a spare body
at home!!!

Donal Philby
San Diego