To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Help on Leica #5000
From: MISC2636@cantva.canterbury.ac.nz (Michael)
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 13:02:24 +1200
Date-Warning: Date header was inserted by csc.canterbury.ac.nz

Gidday all,
        I am a New Zealand collector of photographica and have recently
subscribed to this list.  My interests do not lie heavily with Lietz but I
still find this a worthwhile list.  Now I would like to call on this list
to help me out with some details I would like to know.
        I have recently come across the an early Leica, its significance
lieing in the fact that its serial number is #5000.  I would like to know
who it was presented to and any other helpful facts about it.  I am lead to
understand that this would have been presented to someone famous due to its
serial number.
        So if anyone could take the time to enlighten me with anything they
know about it I would greatly appreciate it.  Living in NZ means that the
resources are not available to me to do my own research on this.
        By the way, at this point the camera is not available for sale!
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
MIchael.